UNKNOWN TALKS- EPISODE 7- Sold by Partricia McCormick (book opinion)

                                                Sold 

                                                                    -Patricia McCormick

Hey guys! How are you all doing? I hope everyone is doing fine! Today, I have decided to do a book review, and tell you guys my opinion about this amazing book I finished twenty minutes ago. I started reading this book yesterday and finished it today, so you can see I was excited to finish it. 

The book is about child trafficking and prostitution for underage girls. The story starts with 13-year-old Lakshmi who was sold to work as a housekeeper in India but ends up in the "Happiness House" where she is forced to prostitute to earn money. Mumtaz, her boss, and the other girls' boss takes their money and forces them all to prostitute. If they don't do what they are told to do by Mumtaz, they will be beaten up until they couldn't walk. When Lakshmi refuses to sleep with her first man, Mumtaz locks her in a small room and holds her hostage until she accepts to prostitute. If any of the girls say anything or ask for help they would have Mumtaz put pepper on her womanhood. There, she is taught to do all she has to do to have more clients and keep herself safe from any sexually transmitted diseases. She must work to pay 30000 to Mumtaz so she could escape. It is an awful story where it is shown how terrible these underage girls are raped and treated. I won't go into detail about everything she went thru but believe me, it is truly awful!
She gets rescued by some American man and policemen in the end. 

It was probably one of the hardest books to read because I am 13, and the story ends when she is 14. It is realistic fiction, and it hurts me that such young girls go thru this every single day. Yes, it is UNKNOWN APPROVED! Before I started writing this, I watched the movie based on the book "Sold" which was released in 2016. I do recommend you the book rather than the movie because it is better. 

Please consider buying this book because it shows how some girls and under-age girls live in. To watch the movie on Youtube you have to show that you are over 18 to watch it. I will live the link down below for the movie if you want to watch it.



This is the end of today's post! I hope you enjoyed it and I want to tell you guys that I won't be able to do a review on the book "The love that split the world" by Emily Henry because it would take ages and I didn't understand it very well. 

The link for the movie "Sold"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVESPwX_I-8

Have a nice day!

Peace :)

Keep in touch with Unknown-

https://twitter.com/JoaneUnknown

https://www.instagram.com/iamjoaneunknown/


Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

UNKNOWN TALKS- EPISODE 4- THE BROKEN SOCIETY

I am taking a break

UNKNOWN TALKS- EPISODE 14- The perfect wife (book opinion/review)